Why is a water seepage/leakage survey important?
The survey can identify the real cause of seepage leakage before the repair phase, this helps to prevent unnecessary and costly repairs.
Mold/fungal and bacterial growth due to water seepage/leakage in the building may lead to allergies, asthma, toxic and irritant effects or other health problems to its occupants.
Delaying proper repairs on the water seepage/leakage damage may cause further damage to your building especially on building finishes and this may lead to higher repair cost in the future.
How to identify a water seepage/leakage in a building?
When you observe one or more of the following signs:
• Active water leakage or water droplets, water leakage or water ingress through any part of the building, or from the pipework and or waste pipes.
• Salt deposit (white stains), lime/stalactites, leaching of salt on the floor, wall or ceiling of the building.
• Dampness, moisture, wetness or signs of dampness on the floor, wall, ceiling or roof of the building.
• Water marks, stain marks, water streak marks on the floor, wall, ceiling or roof of the building.
• Blistering / bubbling paintwork on the wall or ceiling of the building.
• Mold growths on the floor, wall, ceiling or any part of the building.
• Spalling, debonding or bulging concrete normally occur to the ceiling slab or exposed rusty steel reinforcement bars.